Due to the importance of private businesses in undertaking research and in particular innovation, the RRI discourse should cover the role of industry more explicitly. A key question is how RRI relates to other activities that may be of ethical or social relevance, such as corporate social responsibility.
This Special Issue of Sustainability, which is run by several partners from the Responsible Industry and Compass projects, offers a forum for dissemination and discussion of the relationship between RRI and industry.
Suggested topics for this special issue are:
- RRI in Multinational Companies
- RRI in Small and medium sized companies
- RRI in start-ups
- Industry-specific RRI implementation, e.g., healthcare, ICT, etc.
- Linking policy and management levels of RRI
- Engagement of RRI Stakeholders
- RRI in an international context, e.g., Europe vs. US
- RRI and Sustainability
- RRI and Corporate Responsibility
- Methodological aspects of RRI
- Limitations and challenges of RRI