The conference’s virtual press office – news updates, useful information and audiovisual material (coming soon) for journalists and media professionals.
Please feel free to use the documents for your purposes. A hardcopy or link as reference would be appreciated.
Delegates on Living Knowledge Conference in Bonn 2012
Conference Book of the 5th LK Conference
- All abstracts/full paper plus profiles of the keynote speakers of the 5th Living Knowledge Conference as a download. Please let us know if you are interested in a hardcopy.
Communiqué on Sustainability, Knowledge and Democracy
Streams of the plenary sessions
Plenary 1 – The Co-creation of knowledge in partnerships between research institutes and civil society
Words of welcome
- Norbert Steinhaus, Bonn Science Shop
- Henk Mulder, University of Groningen, Science Shop (Co-ordinator PERARES) , The Netherlands
- Gilles Laroche, Head of the Unit “Ethics and Gender” of the Directorate General for Research and Innovation of the European Commission, Belgium
- Christa E. Müller, Deputy Rector for Public and International Relations, University of Bonn, Germany
- Jacqueline Broerse, Associate Professor, Head Department Science Communication, University Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Arjen Wals, UNESCO Chair of Social Learning and Sustainable Development, Education & Competence Studies, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
Plenary 2 – Does Policy Matter in Building Partnerships between Civil Society and Research?
- Dr. Claudia Neubauer, Fondation Sciences Citoyennes, France.
- Emma McKenna, Science Shop Co-ordinator at Queen’s University Belfast
- Volker Meyer-Guckel, Vice General Secretary ‘Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft’
- Eva Nourney, Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Germany
- Rajesh Tandon, President of the Society for Participatory Research in Asia (PRIA). Chair of the Global Alliance on Community-Engaged Research (GACER),
Plenary 3 – Changing Knoweldge Dynamics: Communities, HEIs and students working together
- Willem Foorthuis, UAS Van Hall Larenstein / Wageningen University and Research Centre
- Tim Göbel, Vice President Zeppelin University, Friedrichshafen, Germany
- Sophie Duncan, Deputy Director, National Coordinating Centre for Public Engagement, UK
- Plenary Discussion
Plenary 4 – Challenges and upcoming agendas
- Saskia Visser
- Michael Cuthill
- Budd Hall, GACER, University of Victoria
- Announcement of 6th Living Knowledge Conference 2014 in Copenhagen
Michael Jørgensen, DTU, Denmark.
The Film “Impressions of the 5th Living Knowledge Conference, hosted by Bonn Science Shop (Wissenschaftsladen Bonn) in May 2012”
The 2012 Living Knowledge Conference
Interview with Norbert Steinhaus, Bonn Science Shop, coordinator Intnernational Science Shop Contact Point,conference organizer
Flyer 5th Living Knowledge Conference
The PERARES Project