Frequently Asked Questions
The FAQ will give some answers to more practical questions relating to the work of Science Shops or comparable organisations. Of course the usability of the answers provided depends on your local context. However, we hope to give you some ideas that you could adapt to your own situation.
The FAQ-list was edited by Henk Mulder, with support from Caspar de Bok and Irene Hall, within the EC-funded project TRAMS. The given answers are based on our own working situation, our international experience and the output from various EU projects.
- About Science Shops (history, locations, definitions)
- Working with clients or civil society partners
- Working with students and researchers
- Organisational forms (inside/outside university)
- Staffing a Science Shop
- Financing a Science Shop
- Science Shops and policy makers
- Questions relating to the Living Knowledge network
- Training materials and mentoring